- Improving the competence and usefulness of I-O psychologists through high standards of ethics, conduct, education and contribution to individual and organizational welfare.
- Facilitating the exchange of information and experience among Members.
- Increasing the diffusion of knowledge in I-O psychology through meetings and professional contacts.
- Representing and promoting the interests of I-O psychologists to legislative and regulative groups.
- Providing for the continuing education and development of I-O psychology practitioners.
- Advancing the scientific status of the field by the promotion of sound research, communication of research findings, and the improvement of research methods.
- Enhancing the awareness of I-O psychology among potential users and the general public.